Thursday, July 21, 2005

beijing, day 4, walking...walking... (lomosite, 15 sept '04)

geeesh! i forget i'm not as young as i used to be.

walking the roads and hutongs of beijing, my left knee started throbbing, then aching (old injury from kung fu). Then my lower back started to go...OOOUUUUCCCHHHH!!!

Still, was determined to get to the Far East Youth Hostel to check out the trip to Simatai Great Wall. I paid, but on walking back to the He Ping Men subway station (or so i thought), my knee only hurt even more. My fears were confirmed when the roads started looking suspiciously unlike the guidebook's and a local confirmed i was going in the wrong direction.

i had gone FURTHER than the He Ping Men station. crap!

when i got off at Xi Zhi Men, it was raining! I bought a Y10 umbrella from a street vendor. It opened the wrong way.

Only 7pm. I'm ordering room service...

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin