Thursday, July 21, 2005

pre-beijing (excerpt, lomosite, 10/09/04)

TGIF!! TGIF!! TGIFFFFFF!!!!!

Can't say it often enough.

Everytime Friday rolls around, am in either 1 of these 2 states:
a) deliriously happy that it's the weekend
b) incredibly exhausted by events unfolding over the week and dreading tomorrow if it is a working day

today, i feel b).

but then again...i'm heading to beijing on sunday for work, and i've never been there in my sad sorry life, yay!!

oh dear, work work work woooooooorrrrrrkkkk...

damn i hope those chinese don't slaughter me for my "powderful" mandarin. being a classic banana, yellow on the outside, terribly white on the inside, my apparent lakc of grasp of the mandarin language will be my downfall.

I can just imagine:

Chinese: siao che, ni chao sem me?
Me: eerrrrr...Chinese: Chi ge ne?Me: err, wo...
Chinese: Chen yang ne?
Me: errr...wo pu huay chiang hua yu.
Chinese: You no want?
Me: errr...gommen, watashi wa chuugoku go wakarimasen.
Chinese: Nihonjin desu ka?
Me: errrr...

(What a fraud! Me, that is. with that spattering of Japanese, hahah!)

And that's just browsing or shopping, not even talks or negotiations for work. Hahah, am so dead!

Well, at least I will have 1.5 days to walk around beijing. Am planning to head to Tiananmen Square and look around the Forbidden City.

Yaaaaaayyyy!! lomo ops!!!!

When am I ever gonna find time to upload the 3 albums I've collected from the photo labs?? arrrgghhh!!

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin