Thursday, July 28, 2005

TICKSSSS!!!!

I picked Trixie up last night and nuzzled her forehead.

And then i saw it. A grey dot on the corner of her ear.

A grey dot that looked suspiciously like the grey dots i used to find stuck to my pet dogs. The grey dots that we had to pick off and chuck into the flame of a burning candle. The small ones with six legs. The same ones that stick to your pet and won't let go.

AAAAARRRRRRRGGGHHHHHH!!!!

She's got a TICK!!!

And it looks suspiciously like a dog tick!!

I shove Trixie into Rizal's line of sight and he immediately pulls the offending grey dot off and crushes it on a tissue on the table with his fingernail. A spurt of greyish ooze sprays out of it.

EEEEUUUUUUWWWWW!!!

A TICK!!!

Oh gawd, my three cats are probably all infested with them. I need to rethink the plan about letting them out into the back garden.

I've never seen dog ticks on cats before. Fleas I've encountered, but ticks??!!

Oh nooooooo!!!

Looks like I'll be shopping for flea collars this weekend. I wonder if they work on dog ticks?

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin