Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Fish Head

I thought the feasting was over. I was wrong.

I’ve just returned from an aunt’s birthday dinner. Boy, was it a feast!

  • Fish head soup (best I’ve ever had!)

  • Braised spicy fish head with tau chim (fermented beans)

  • Fish maw and sea cucumber with broccoli

  • Mixed vegetables: lotus, celery, nuts, wood ear, etc. mmm…

  • Steamed chicken with ground ginger as dipping sauce

  • Egg noodles (sang mein)

I think there was another dish but I really can’t remember now. It was pleasantly filling but the fish head dishes were excellent!

Aunt and uncle brought the fish head themselves and got the restaurant to cook it especially for them. Yum!! Best fish head dishes I’ve ever had.

Wine and Chinese tea to boot. Mmm…am feeling a slight buzzzzz…I wonder how I’m going to finish off that presentation I’m supposed to be preparing for tomorrow.

Sigh…

And reality comes crashing back in.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin