Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Twilight Once More

I am rereading Twilight.

It’s crazy, but I think I’m nuts. I just finished the book last night and am rereading it again today.

I’m rereading it so soon because I just love the story too much. I like the way Meyers portrays the interaction between Bella and Edward. There are tense moments, tender ones and humourous ones. Fairly erotic ones too, even though all they do is hold each other or share kisses. Chaste but tense.

I’m rereading it also because I went through it like a storm the first time around. I do that when I’m into a book: I race to finish it because I need to complete the story, along the way I skim through the descriptions. This time around, I’m taking my time to absorb the words and enjoy the scenery. And there are quite a few bits I missed in my haste to finish the book. Stuff I read which didn’t register.

I suppose it’s sweeter the second time around. It’s a more leisurely read and I’m not in such a hurry to see how it ends, so I savour the writing.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ooo...vampire stories - this i must read! love such dark stories.

-wen-

Ashkarya said...

haha, actually it's not very dark. and it's a young adult fiction, so not very erotic as far as descriptions go. but the vampire character, edward, is so cool...he chuckles and smirks and grins a lot. hahah!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin