Friday, December 16, 2005

Another Final

O come all ye faithful...

Joyful and triumphant….!!


I am officially in a christmas mood, although today I am pretty much a zombie from hanging out too late a few nights in a row…again!

Last night’s conlay open finals was entertaining. Well, there were a few couples who were entertaining. Two were so difficult to watch, I had to look at their feet instead of watching their faces. Yes, it was that bad. One of them I think, was clearly in the wrong category: they should have competed in the amateur category. But then again, they might not have made it to the finals if they’d competed in the amateur category.

Anyway, the champs was a no-brainer. Easily the most entertaining, with the cleanest routine and the most interesting stunts: Jackson (I don’t know if the name is right because the blurdy moron of an emcee was hosting again) and Michelle. I LURV her costumer: topaz top and tassles and black, tight pants with shiny, spangly baubles at the hem and strategically placed beading on the bum and the pelvis.

Jason and Ai Mei had a very, very nice routine. It was really a pleasure to watch their routine, however it was populated with shines and they didn’t come together much to dance. And again, compared to the champs, they were not as clean. But if I were to choose, I’d choose to watch their routine again. It really gives one a good feeling watching their routine. Although they didn’t fall in the top three, they did pick up Best Costume.

There were less judges than before. And they were a more varied panel. Again, the person with honorary titles was sitting on the panel (whatever for??!!). I think it may have been a fairer round this time.

Why is it that in each category, there is a Shakira wanna-be: bra-top and all? This time, complete with the song. Sigh…will these people never learn?

The original plan was to stay only until the last competitor had performed. But, as is my style, I stayed longer than I intended to. Even managed to throw in a couple of dances. So poor Chin Lai had to stand around and wait with me while we waited for the results.

And that is why today I feel like a zombie because you can never get straight into bed after a night out, well I can’t anyway. There is the winding down time after you return, and then the lingering a bit at the throne before the shower. There’s also the few minutes in front of the television or a bit of reading before bed. You get the picture.

I hope I can survive the studio xmas party tonight.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin