Tuesday, February 21, 2006

House Bug

You never know what husbands get up to when you leave them alone. Hubby spent the entire day at home yesterday on the pretext of an imagined bird flu bug. He watched the remaining episodes of CSI Season 5 on DVD in the morning and I didn’t see him till I got off work at 8pm.

I was in for a surprise when I got home. He stunned me with his skills at housecleaning. He organized the study exceptionally well: got rid of all the junk, put my books in order, cleaned up, moved his PC back into the study and topped it all off with a carpet in the middle of the room. All we need now are comfy bean bags placed around the room. Unfortunately, I do not have a before and after picture to show just how good a job that he did. Imagine, if you will a room full of boxes haphazardly arranged piled together with plastic bags of junk strewn all over the place; you’ll get an idea of what a mess that room was. In addition to doing up the study, he also hung up a copper-tooled art piece my dad had got for us (which had been lying in the storeroom) and his favourite Yusoff Gajah painting. Although I think he had me in mind when he hung them up: everything is at about my eye-level, which is to say, rather low since I’m short. To top it all off, he was busy finishing up on mopping the floor when I stepped in from the door

Amazing! Astounding really, what husbands can accomplish in the house once they put their minds to it.

He’d accomplished in one day what I have not accomplished in any of the weekends I’ve stayed at home. I blame it on procrastination and laziness on my part.

Maybe I should leave hubby alone at home on a weekday more often. Hmm…

I really should give him an award for this.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin