Sunday, March 12, 2006

What's in a Sandwich?

Two slices of white bread with two tablespoons each of peanut butter and grape jelly would break down to the following nutritional quotient:

Total Fat: 18 grams
Saturated Fat: 3.5 grams
Sodium: 490 mg
Carbohydrates: 58 grams
Protein: 12 grams
Total Calories: 403

I had five slices of bread with PB&J today.

For a child who would consume about 2000 calories per day, these are the recommended amount of nutrients found on the US FDA's list:

Fat: 66 grams
Saturated Fat: 20 grams
Sodium: 2500 mg
Carbohydrates: 350 grams
Protein: 53 grams

Note that the recommended portions are for a child's. I would imagine that an adult would need less fat or carbohydrates.

My brunch and tea alone would be bringing me to near max of my daily US FDA food nutrient allowance.

Now, I wonder what I can scrounge up from the kitchen cabinets or my fridge later for dinner?

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin