Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Broken...again

So this is what it feels like to have your heart wrenched from you, beating and raw, dripping with blood, and then carelessly, ruthlessly thrown to the floor and stomped on till there's nothing left but bits and pieces of goo and gunk.

I'd felt it before; I'd forgotten the feeling. I thought I'd never feel it again.

I was wrong. I remember it now. It hurts just as much, if not more the second time around. Which goes to show: the best keeper of my heart is myself and no one else.

Promises are easy to make, they are easy to break; altogether a different thing when it comes to keeping them.

At the end of the day, I am left with words, just words. Nothing but empty words.


1 comment:

Ai Ling said...

Dun worry, we're here for u.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin