Wednesday, October 11, 2006

And they say you'll never learn...


The biblioholic has struck again!

Struck out, rather...

I got lucky at Payless Books today, or so I thought. Picked up :

1. Rick Riordan's Percy Jackson and the Olympians: The Lightning Thief - Book One (Percy Jackson and the Olympians) @ RM15

2. Marian Keyes' Lucy Sullivan Is Getting Married @ RM9.90

3. Gail Carson Levine's Cinderellis and the Glass Hill (Princess Tales) @ RM12


While I was counting my lucky stars for finding Percy in hardcover
(and Sasha's since I was getting the book for her), I should have known luck such as mine doesn't just fall out of the sky. When I picked up Keyes from the romance section (romance!!), I had a niggling feeling I'd probbaly either read or bought Lucy Sullivan before. The feeling stayed with me up until I paid for it.

That little voice in my head kept telling me the title looked just a bit too familiar and I probably had the book stashed away in the corner of my shelf somewhere.

Sigh...true enough. I dove straight for the lowest shelf right in the back in the second tier row of books hidden behind the first tier in front: ... Married staring out at me from behind. No need to dig it up. I can recognize the typefont for that title anywhere.

I wonder if my mother-in-law will like it?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hahaha... mama will probably like the marian keyes, and if not, i'll happily buy it off you! :D

Blog Widget by LinkWithin