Monday, December 04, 2006

All the world conspires against you getting what you want

I had a terrible craving for fish head noodles last Monday. I had no time to drive all the way to my favourite fish head noodle shop in Taman Tun for lunch. By Wednesday I was still craving said FHN. I had a break after my appointment and decided to drive over to the shop before heading back to the office. It was 2pm. The shop was CLOSED!!!

It's not a dinner place, so I wouldn't get a chance to have FHN for dinner. So I asked a friend if he knew anywhere that had passable FHN for dinner. He pointed out a place which is notoriosly difficult to get to because of the rush hour traffic. Forget it.

On Friday after work, I was circling around my area on the way home before heading to a dinner appointment. Eureka!! A shop which had FHN popped out at me. I parked the car and almost skipped all the way to the shop. I got there, but ARGH!!! was told by the girls that the boss had not arrived yet, therefore the stall wasn't ready to sell any FHN. ARGH!

It goes to show, if you really want something bad enough, you may not get it at all. But then again, maybe it's just me.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

There's a place in PJ Seapark near the cinema which serves FHN.. According to the people who've had it, its quite good.

Ashkarya said...

Where? Where??!!

Anonymous said...

Haiyo... we go there on Monday when everyone else in KL's working ok? :p Its been many moons since I last went there. Hopefully they're still in operation. I assume you're referring to the noodles with milk btw.

Ashkarya said...

yes yes yes

Blog Widget by LinkWithin