Friday, January 12, 2007

Mr Sandman is working overtime

My subconscious has been having a whale of a time every night ever since I hit Week 11 or thereabouts, the best being this week where I've had vivid dreams almost every night. My hormone overdrive must be stimulating my dream mechanism. What's resulted is my subconscious is being assaulted by extremely lucent and graphical, albeit somewhat nonsensical dream adventures.

Here's a brief summary of what's transpired in my brain so far. To elaborate in detail would take me days, so I'll just opt for the overview:

1. Shopping in a really large mall (and getting somewhat lost in it) and missing the bus resulting in having to wait for one that does not seem to want to come, which ended in me walking home through a residential area. (I know this doesn't sound very graphical but the details in this dream were amazingly clear and the grass on the sidewalk were verdantly green.)

2. Being dropped off at a late night movie and then abandoned by all my friends after the credits roll. I had to take a lift from a few acquaintances. Her car was an American junk on the outside, furnished with plush furry white upholstery on the insde, complete with video screen on the passenger side for viewing pleasure. We ended up stopping for the night because the driver was too sleepy and the vivid part of this dream was the lake that we stopped by. Oh, and also towards the end of the dream, I had sex with Leonardo di Caprio. I can't even imagine why. I'm not even a fan. I blame RTM1 for showing Titanic before Christmas.

3. Getting unlimited amounts of cash from the ATM without affecting my account balance only to discover that the ATM is the one that is out of whack and that I'd overdrawn on my account. In running around the Southern region to look for a working ATM to check on my account balance, I bumped into a client who in turn asked me about my machines and started negotiating with me. Cut to my friends and I heading back to our hotel (we were on a tourist trip in our own country) and a past significant other was sprawled out over the top of the backseat, reading comics.

4. Slumber party at a friend's new apartment before she let it out to her tenant. The apartment was vividly furnished and together with us was a roommate whom we had lost touch with. The apartment was slightly bigger than the original, complete with kitchen cabinets, living and bedroom furniture and even abundant with food. I remember vividly a string of garlic hanging from one of the kitchen cabinets. And that she had her cabinets installed differently because one of the kitchen walls had a water leak from somewhere.

5. Left my mobile phone at a restaurant and it was picked up by some guy. Ended up calling my phone, arranging to meet him somewhere to pick up my phone and berating him for even taking a phone that does not belong to him. Distinct area references: Section 14, Puchong, Subang, even Giant hypermarkt. Cut to an outing with a friend to a bird park where we were having tea at a solarium-like place and I was taking her photos with my Nikon D80.

6. Cooking dinner for my family while they were having dinner at my old home in Cheras. I was washing some greens in the sink and they expanded after the washing. A lot of cutting and preparing was involved. Cut to another scene where i received a call from Rizal that he was coming over to see me together with his monther. And then another call from ANOTHER Rizal telling me that he's also coming to pay me a visit. I remember thinking to myself, "Wait a minute, if there are two Rizals, which is my real hubby?".

I've spared everyone the other x-rated episodes where going into even mild detail would be more than a little embarrassing. I thought throwing in the Leo diCap bit is already gross enough as it is.

I wonder what my sleazy subconscious will cook up tonight.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin