Sunday, March 04, 2007

And you wonder why we didn't have kids before

I bought my first baby onesie yesterday as I was browsing for more maternity/nursing bras. It was on a clearance rack and it just screamed "TOO CUTE!!!" for me to resist. It's white with red piping on the sleeves, collar and leg openings. There are cute little grey drawings of bears all over it with the words "I LOVE YOU" emblazoned in between.

When I showed Rizal my first baby purchase, he took it in his hands and held it up.

"Hey, you know what?"

"What?"

"This is a perfect fit for the boy!"

Note: for the uninformed, "the boy" refers to our fat Garfield of a cinnamon cat, Pixel. And Rizal has been hankering to get him some form of clothing or other ever since he saw a Chinese New Year dog tee that would fit our humongous cat.

"Are you joking?"

"No, look! You can put his head through here and the armholes fit where his legs can go through and you can cnap this up at the back where his hind legs are!"

I take a moment to wonder what we've gotten ourselves into by having a kid. Visions of interchanging baby food and cat kibble between the two species; probably have the baby on all fours eating out of the cats' bowls and Trixie lapping up the baby's milk spillage. Or worse, our first word to the kid: Meow!

"Come on, let me try it on him!" Rizal enthuses.

"You are NOT. PUTTING. THE. THING. ON. THE. BOY."

I take the onesie away from him, fold it up and put it back in the bag it came in with the rest of my bras. And stuff it right under.





No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin