Thursday, March 15, 2007

In the absence of ping pong balls

We went in for the detailed scan last week. While the doc was scrutinizing the baby's heart in painstaking detail - he spent a looooong time going through valves and sections which I couldn't make head or tail of, Rizal blurted out, "So when do we get to see if it's a boy or girl?".

"Hang on, we'll get to that in a while. Let's take a look at the lungs and the rest of the organs first."

So we do and I'm looking and I still don't know what organ it is that we're looking at but the doc points out the kidneys and some other parts that just look like either black blobs or grey spots.

Finally he moves on to scan past the buttocks of the baby. "Oh, see now, we don't see any ping pong balls here. You're looking at a girl."

I look at the screen and we're looking at her little bottom, from the bottom, not the side or the front, but the bottom. Can't go very far wrong here, can we? I see no protrusions nor ping pong balls, as the doc said.

So I take the doc's word and my own eyes for what we saw. No ping pong balls = little baby girl. Of course, I don't tell anyone that I had a feeling it was a girl all along. Had to be. Only a girl could be so picky about her food and when she wants it. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that when she's finally out, she'll give her mom less grief over what and when to eat.

So now we can finally get on with looking up girls' names. This should be fun.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I know two other people who guessed the same.. ;)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin