Monday, April 16, 2007

Week 26

The placenta is still low but doc is giving it time to "move up". By Week 34 or 36, we should know if I need a C-section.

The little tyke is doing fine. A tad on the tiny side (according to more "experienced" observers) but nevertheless, a clean bill of health was given by doc.

I'm feeling generally tired still, lack of continuous sleep being the main cause. Getting hunger pangs at inopportune times in the a.m. and the urge to pee about an hour or two before my alarm goes off is wreaking some sort of havoc on my sleep cycle.

She likes to move. She seems to either like to elbow, punch or kick me, depending on which side she's lying on or which direction she's actually in. I really can't tell. But she does have an affinity for movement on the left side of my bump. She loves to start up a fuss after I complete a meal, when I lie quietly in bed (doesn't matter which side I'm on: my left, right or on my back, she just goes at it), when I'm trying to stay still and keep still. She stops for longer periods when Rizal puts his palm on her. Still in the womb but already a daddy's girl? This is going to be one difficult child to raise; I can imagine wars fought and lost based on her running crying to daddy's side.

Bending down is becoming increasingly uncomfortable and difficult. I've resorted to squatting to get what I need. Walking for long stretches leaves me somewhat out of breath and my brain cells continue to be addled: I am sleepy a lot still. My hair and nails seem to be growing at fever pitch; I used to have to cut my nails at most, once a fortnight. Now I need to trim my nails once a week to ensure they are not mistaken for claws.

I've been told it generally gets worse. Another three months to go and I can't wait.


No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin