Monday, May 21, 2007

A Cold, Hard Place

These days words and ordinary sentences seem to elude me, hence my foray into haiku. I find it is better I keep my observations and emotions, in short, my writing to precise, measured forms and structure.

Blame it on the pregnancy hormones, or even blame it on a whole host of things happening at the same time. This is the perfect opportunity to prove that the chaos theory really does ring true.

Anything and everything that can happen (especially if it is anything that has to do with the negative) will and does happen at the same time or one after the other.

If I were to really record down the range and depth of what I were feeling, my notebook would be fried from the intensity of what I feel.

But then again, I am getting better at hiding, pretending and portraying that this all means nothing to me. After all, once the invisible barrier is up, and if given enough belief, that invisible shell begins to take on substance and form. By then who knows, it may just be too late to turn back and knock it all down. I may not even want it down.

If becoming a cold, hard rock will take me through, then so be it.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin