Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Streamyx: The Story So Far

I walked over to the Clickers shop a few doors away from my office today. I hoped they would be able to help me where the TMNet call centre has failed miserably.

The girls at the counter were very nice, but no, they couldn't help me. The case has to be referred back to the call centre. After I looked harried and explained to them the situation (being pregnant helps, I think because they probably took pity on me), one of the girls asked for my user ID and did a quick check for me.

She managed to dig up the contact number for the contractor/installer who set up Streamyx for me. She told me to give him a call to see if he could help. I was very thankful and told her so; at last, I had a proper person to call and to voice my problems to. I crossed my fingers hoping that the installer had not left his job to do something else since he'd installed the service for me in 2005.

Upon getting up to leave, she told me, "Worse come to worst, I think it's better if you just write in to the papers."

Even their own people know how useless they are.

I called the mobile number even before I'd stepped out the door. The installer picked up and listened to my woes. After asking where I lived and what was the problem, he sighed. "That sounds like a port problem. TMNet have to head over there to fix the port. I've already had three calls this morning. It looks like I'm going to be very busy. Forward me your phone number and I'll do a check for you."

Eureka! Someone's actually going to do something about the darned line and they can tell me that they are going to do something about it instead of throwing out obtuse phrases that don't mean a shit such as, "...we have escalated your case to the highest level and you'll have to wait for an update from the technical team."

Later today I called the installer again. He told me that he'd already given my number to TMNet and they'd take some time to revert to him. "When should I check back with you?" "Give me a call tomorrow evening," he said.

A definite answer and a definite time frame. Wow!! Progress!

I have totally given up hope in the monolithic dinosaur that consider themselves an ICT company. Even their own people have no faith in them and can advice me to go to the press with my woes. And it took an outside third-party to actually do something proactive other than to give me excuses about why they can't fix a simple problem. All they have to do is send someone over to fix the port.

The issue is far from over. I still have to call the installer tomorrow and find out if anything's being done. But at least I'm not being given empty excuses or shunted from one customer service rep to another.

TMNet SUCKS!!

I'll find out tomorrow if they're totally and hopelessly useless. I may consider Maxis as an alternative if they can't solve the blurdy problem.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin