Wednesday, June 13, 2007

What I Did Just To Use My Vouchers

I had RM30 worth of Ikea vouchers with me. Unfortunately I forgot to use them at the checkout and the amount on credit was approved in record time. I whisked out my vouchers just as the receipt for approval came spitting out of the machine.

Argh. The vouchers expire end July and I had already gotten all I needed from Ikea.

"Why don't you go return one of the items you got and then buy it again using your vouchers?" came Chin Lai's handy response.

"Really ah? You mean now? Sure ah? REALLY?"

I don't ever recall returning something at Ikea right after I'd bought it. This would be a first.

"Sure ah?" I asked one last time at the Returns & Exchange Counter.

"Why not?" said sis. "He does it all the time!"

So I took a number and stood by my trolley as Chin Lai and sis sat down and waited.

And waited. And. Waited.

I mouthed to Chin Lai from where I was standing, "I should have gone in first, got the other one, paid for it while using the coupons then come back here and I'd still be in line."

In the end, I gave him the cash and the coupons, he went in to get what I needed while I was being tended to by the customer service rep.

"I realized I didnt' need this AFTER I bought it," I lied to her while waiting for lightning to strike me down.

Five minutes later, the amount was refunded and we were on our way to meet Chin Lai at the checkout lane.

Mission accomplished.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I do return stuff to Ikea, but that's normally coz they don't fit sizewize or deco wise. I have never returned stuff just after leaving the cashier though.

Oh.. and I did it once coz they had a 50% discount on the item after I bought it.. Shhhh.......

(nothingness) said...

god is probably sharpening his bolts now.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin