Monday, June 04, 2007

Withdrawal Symptoms

We've kicked the cats out of the bedroom in preparation for the baby. Started shutting the door on them about two weeks back.

The girls are coping without too much fuss. Meg has a new sleeping spot on the sofa. Depending on her mood, she chooses to sleep on the backs of whichever cushions she feels like. Trixie hangs around spread out on the lower landing of the stairs. I've opened the door on Pixel stretched out on the upper landing or camped right outside our door.

What's geting me worried is the racket he kicks up the moment he hears movement beyond the bedroom door. The minute my phone alarm goes off or I push the toilet flush, he protests at the top of his voice for minutes at a time. There's no let up; he even scratches at the bedroom door. He is THAT desperate for his old status of bedroom cat.

I hope his caterwauling lets up after a few more weeks. I hope he gets the message or gets fed up of mewling at the top of his lungs for attention. I already feel guilty for locking him out. I hate listening to his protests. I always make sure I pet and cuddle him the moment I step out of the bedroom. If I don't, he'll shoot as quick as a bullet past my legs into the room. His contented purring can be heard from miles away when I pet him.

Poor thing. He's not gonna like the lack of attention when the baby comes.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin