Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Resident Cow

Hot into my second month of maternity leave and I think I quite enjoy the role of resident cow. Of course, my confinement lady is still with me for this month as well, so I still get away with sleeping while she burps Sophie, changes her diapers and lulls her to sleep when she's difficult. Gawd knows I'm gonna suffer when she's gone and I'm back into work full-time.

Everything's peachy except...maybe I could do with smaller boobs. I've had to run out several times to get myself tops in new sizes. No more S for me. I've had to look at M and even L!! Tops which are too tight only emphasize the enormity of the twin peaks (though they look more like trodden molehills than perky peaks) and tops which are too roomy just make me look fat overall. I am now averse to underwires, so it's my nursing bras all the way. No more going bra-less even at home or I'll end up soaking my T-shirts with spilt milk when Sophie cries or if the udders become too full. I don't even know what I'm going to wear when I get back to work. Sigh...

But I suppose it's a small price to pay for the satisfaction of hearing the bub's contented gasps and sighs when she's stuck on a boob and drinking her fill. And knowing that I'm the source of that content. Or rather, me = food = happy Sophia = contented sighs.

If this is all it takes to be a resident cow, I wouldn't mind trading the rat race for this greener field.
For now this resident cow is pretty much enjoying the field that she's grazing in. And being milked by the little monster that she calls her babe.



No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin