Friday, September 07, 2007

Discrimination

What a farce! Even in the matter of stray animals there seems to be discrimination in this country. The Malaysian government has extended their ridiculous policies down to the poor unfortunate strays of the nation. Look here for more information on a ridiculous witch hunt for stray dogs in Selayang and here for what people are saying about it.

I wonder why they didn't extend this ridiculously lucrative and barbaric competition to stray cats?

And it's amazing that sites like
these exist in our country. Pardon me, but I thought the country I'm living in is Malaysia? I'm wondering when it became Malay Muslim land? If I've got my history down pat, our forefathers came here as traders (yes, Parameswara was not a native of this land), settled here and worked together to bring about independence and that at the most basic level, the only people that this land really belongs to is the indigenous people. Now I'm being reminded that I should be thankful that I'm actually living on this Malay Muslim soil despite the fact that I was born here.

The delusional really do have place in this world; they live here in good ol' bolehland.



No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin