Sunday, November 11, 2007

Week 15 : She Discovered Her Hands And Feet

This week, Meiyin (gotta alternate between her two names, if not, I'm gonna forget she has a Chinese name) discovered her hands and feet.

Freshly released from the confines of her mittens, her hands have been trying to grab a hold of anything and everything that comes her way. That, and she's also stuffing her entire fist into her mouth. The stuffing came before the grabbing. She grabs my hair, she pulls my glasses off my face, she pulls ears, literally anything that comes within range. That includes her feet. She shows off her flexibility by extending her feet in a V by spreading her legs out wide when she's on her back; it's a very useful manouvre when changing her diapers. I don't have to hold on to her feet and lift up her butt anymore while cleaning her. She can hold on to her feet very well, thank you very much.

If her pacifier isn't stuffed into her mouth by bedtime in the evenings, she'll have her fists stuffed in its place. If the pacifier is in the way, she clutches on to her bug buddy to sleep. She turns in her sleep and we've had to stuff a pillow into her side to block her from turning and possibly smothering herself while she's sleeping.

Due to bad wrists from not handling her correctly from birth, I'm minimizing picking her up for her last feed at night and first feed in the morning. That, and I'm getting too lazy as well. So I turn on my side and just pop my breast into her mouth and she adoringly clutches on with both hands. If she's sufficiently awake in the morning, she'll pop off the breast once in a while and give me a toothless grin before returning to her breakfast.

Not too long more to go before she's four months old. I wonder what other new tricks she's got up her sleeves. I'm brimming with anticipation.



No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin