Monday, November 26, 2007

Week 17 : Getting The Hang of Her Feet

No, Sophie's not learned to crawl yet. She's been pulling acrobatic moves, showing me just how flexible she is by holding on to her feet, pulling her legs across her body and stuffing her toes into her mouth. I tried it myself; I can barely bring my leg close to my body while lying down, let alone stuff my toes into my mouth. At least now that she's fixated on her feet and toes, both my hands are free when I change her diapers. I need them both now because she keeps wanting to turn on her side during a diaper change even when her toes are stuffed into her mouth.

Her trip to the doc's last week turned out great: she got her shot and was so distracted by the cute chime hanging above her head that she forgot to cry. Growth rate is tracking normal. I think her weight is not growing as fast as her length. She's sprouted 4cm in a month but put on less than a kilo. As of last Thursday, she's about 7kg. Naughty girl gets distracted easily during feeds. I now must make sure she feeds from both breasts now instead of just one during a feed.

She seems to like meeting new people. Every time she sees a new face, she breaks out in a mischievous smile. She loves looking at her own reflection. even when she's crying, she'll immediately stop her wailing and put on her best behaviour for the baby looking back at her; she'll try to wow her with her biggest smile. It's a smile that can melt the hardest of hearts.


No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin