Friday, May 30, 2008

Needing The Breath To Catch Up

1. You feed me, I feed you.

She tried to feed me yesterday. My just desserts for being the one to feed her all this while?

She'd been tinkering with my teasp
oon and ceramic mug ever since Wednesday, liking the sound the spoon makes when it clinks against the mug. So for two days, she was clinking away.

While I was sitting next to her clinking away till the cows come home, suddenly she looks up at me and pushes the spoon towards me and literally tries to shove it into my mouth. I'm sure I exercise more restraint when feeding her. She's smiling and all so I open my mouth, take in the dusty spoon (it's been under the couch and all over the floor) and say, "ahm!".

It's obviously the reaction she's looking for so she takes the spoon out, dips it into the mug and aims it at my mouth again. This goes on for a few minutes and she's all smiles and toothy grins until she gets bored and chucks both spoon and mug aside to play with the TV remote controls.

2. Bye-bye

She's begun to associate the front door with waving her hand. In the middle of playing yesterday, she turned to look at the front door and started waving her arm bye-bye for no apparent reason. Right, when her dad goes off to work, she just looks and doesn't bother to raise her arm. Suddenly she decides she wants to wave at the door.

I thought it could be a fluke but when she was crawling closer towards the front door, she stopped in her tracks and again looked at the door and started waving.

Bye-bye door.

3. Making sure they're still there

I normally bathe Sophie in my underwear so I can shuck them after I'm done with her and clamber into the shower for a quick wash while she's still in her bath. Yesterday I decided to shower during her morning nap. So I was fully clothed when bathing her.

She tends to stand up in the middle of her shower and grab onto my shoulders or arm. Yesterday she grabbed my collar and peered inside.

I'm not sure if she was using me for support or just making sure that her milk supply is still around.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin