Friday, March 27, 2009

Caught By The Thief

Megan Whalen Turner's Thief trilogy is BRILLIANT.

Although, I started out with The Thief wondering what was so brilliant about it and got somewhat bored and thoroughly annoyed by the main character. I guessed a part of the plot somewhere along the book but was still happily surprised by the ending. In the end, I suppose, being annoyed by the character must have been necessary to the reading of the book. I'm still not sure about that one... .

The Queen I had the pleasure of pretty much uninterrupted reading, and where I thought The Thief was slow and boring at parts, this one kept my fingers itchily turning the pages.

The King is the best of all the three books. It caps off the trilogy splendidly with its many twists and turns. It was so good that I couldn't wait to finish it and then when I finally had, I found myself wanting more. So I went online to find out if there could possibly be a fourth book.

There is!!! I'm excited that the series is not ended and that I'll get to have more of this brilliant tale but I'm chagrined that now I have ANOTHER sequel that I'll have to follow up with shortly. This one in 2010. When will these sequels ever end? Argh! At least the other sequels are due out sometime later this year and this gives me a good wide space to read and digest them before tucking into the fourth installment of The Thief.

It just means more good things ahead.


No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin