Monday, May 11, 2009

Library Book Jackets

Since I've been borrowing books incessantly from the library, I've noticed and liked the way the books jackets are bound/covered/protected. It's a polypropylene cover and done in a different way that I normally bind my books and also from how Kino binds theirs.

I thought I'd figured it out and bought a roll to bind my own books here. It wasn't until this morning that I inspected the library books closer that I realized the library actually uses special library jackets from the US to bind their books: Gaylord Brothers library supplies.

Great, so I guess my figuring out the 'technique' was actually off by a mile. It's not a technique; they actually use specially designed lined book jackets to protect their book collection. Bummer for me. I'm not gonna spend US$40-50 (not including shipping) for a box of 100 lined book jackets.

Hm, I wonder if I can get some off the library? Probably not, knowing how kiasu the Singaporeans are. Oh well....

1 comment:

Ling said...

Woooooow!! So canggih ar???? :-O

Blog Widget by LinkWithin