Thursday, June 04, 2009

Grateful, Not Complaining But Still Lazy

So here it is: I've been thrown somewhat of a lifeline in regards to writing 'work'. A friend is farming out some writing and I'm to churn out two features for this first issue. It should be a regular gig; at least one feature every issue, maybe more if I can handle it.

The pay's not half bad. At least I'll be supplementing my account somewhat back in KL. (It sucks not having my own account here but I figure, why bother since I'm not even contributing to the cashflow here other than to make sure it flows out?)

The problem is, I'm lazy. Very much so. So lazy that I've been sitting at my laptop doing 'research' for the last 5 days or so for two lousy features which are at max 1,200 words long each. The deadline's not till July 1 but I'm trying not to overextend myself here and put myself out on a limb; this is no last minute college assignment that I can just turn in at the 11th hour.

Still, my ass is frozen to the chair and my eyeballs are going over not just what I'm supposed to be reading but also checking my emails, looking up Amazon, reading my fave blogs, and of course, updating here and tweeting. Oh, and working when the girl's awake is almost impossible because when she sees me seated at my laptop these days, she knows she can get her daily share of Maruneko.

"Sophia see mau-mau."

"Only mau-mau pom-pom."

"Sophia climb up. Sophia sit here. Sophia see mau-mau."

Spineless as I am, of course I let her run all over me and allow her her share of that dang cute fat cat. Beats trying to start a piece. Or do more 'research'.

25 days left. I'd better get my ass unfrozen and my eyeballs keyed in to what I'm supposed to do.


1 comment:

Kat said...

why don't you write a children's book, Poh Ling? I'm sure you can!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin