Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Photo Field Trip #2: The Zoo

Hubby, Sophia, Jona and I headed to the zoo. My objective was to shoot (with a camera) the animals together with the photo group and the family's was to try to enjoy and have fun (without me, of course).

This Saturday it was speed priority setting, what with trying to shoot animals. I still don't think I have it down pat but oh well, trial and error, as they say.

The tigers were sleepy at nine in the morning. It was as if they knew we'd be there and chose to showcase their backs to us. We spent 30 mins there and, failing to get any good head on shots, decided to try our luck with the baboons.

We got stuck at the baboon enclosure and never moved on. Let's just say there's much to glean from their behaviour and antics. I managed a couple of good shots out of the myriad I took. We'll see what the rest of the class thinks.

Two and a half hours can only get you so far at the zoo, which is a pity since it was a nice shady day. It was muggy though and by the time I met up with the rest of the family at the Splash Safar show, which was right after leaving the baboon enclosure, Sophie was already hot, sticky and sweaty. She apparently did not want to step into the water play area, opting for the playground instead. And to pacify her, daddy had bought her a Sesame Street ABC bus.

At least we got a picture together with Philip the sea lion, star of the Splash Safari show.


No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin