Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Access Denied

Singapore is a GREAT country.


I love how organized it is and how the buses and trains actually run without a hitch. I love the fact that there is so much variety in the consumer retail industry that sometimes I am wont to leave my jaw unhinged with all the gaping that I do. I can find things here I never thought I'd need or want. I like that the trees here are allowed to grow to a ripe old age without having to worry that their life would be cut short for a new fly-over or highway. And of course, who can deny that Singapore is a financial and commercial hub?


I get the feeling though that the ruling powers here still feel that their charge are not to be trusted and left to their own devices.


Take surfing on one of the wireless hotspots here. My personal experience but hey, maybe it's just me. Not 5 minutes into hooking up via Wireless@ Singtel at Spinelli's, I tried googling a Deloitte survey after opening my iTunes, opening a file from the hard drive and signing onto YM. Here's the message I got:


Anomalous Behavior Detected - Request Blocked

Your computer was automatically blacklisted (blocked) by the network due to an abnormal amount of activity originating from your connection. It is possible that your computer is infected with a worm and/or virus. Please contact your network administrator for assistance or more information.


Try as I might, the next few searches I tried all brought up the same message and I was blocked from going online. Undaunted, I restarted the Mac and tried googling again. Still the same darned message.


Talk about getting a great big slap on the wrist. I get the feeling like I'm being treated like a teenager who got caught with his pants down. And being sent into juvenile detention because of that.


Wow. What a great country this is.


For all the crap that happens in Malaysia, at least I know I won't face nonsense like this when I need to surf from anywhere outside my home.


Worm my ass.






No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin