Thursday, October 01, 2009

Tremors

So while the rest of the country were reeling from the tremor from an earthquake off Padang that shook buildings at around 6.15pm, I was at the Mac, groggy from a nap, wondering if my slight swaying left and right was because of my heartbeat pumping up a storm through my head. You know when it's really quiet and all you can hear is your heartbeat pounding in your head and it makes you feel like you're moving to its beat?


Meanwhile in the kitchen, Jona notices that the water in the bowls are quivering and the bunch of bananas hanging off the cupboard is swaying. She doesn't think to ask until several minutes later.


And then I look at her and go, "Oh, so it wasn't me feeling blur and groggy?"


"No! The water was moving and the bananas were swinging!"


Oh.







No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin