Monday, December 21, 2009

Saturday Project

Saturday was rainy. It stopped and started and stopped and started. That's how it went the whole day. So we spent the day indoors and I decided to finally start on that pair of pants I'd wanted to make her.




She likes making creative use of her clothes: the original pair of funky pants I got off Etsy. See how snug it fits?




The pair that I made her with the original pair on top of it for good measure. You can see how lose the band is around her head.


It took me about half the day. And...it turned out to be about 2-3 sizes too big. The sizing was deliberate; based on the original pair, I'd marked the seams larger on the new pattern. What I didn't realise was just how big it turned out. It's so big that we could probably keep it for a year and she could still fit in it after that one year.

Yikes.

I never was much of a stickler for measurements.

I guess it's back to totes, pouches and storage after this.


2 comments:

Unknown said...

aww..she's so adorable!

The Chair Speaks said...

She is really good in posing and modelling.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin