Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Wish List

I just chased the small fry around and tried to get her to do multiple headstands just so I could get a good shot of her trying to stand on her head with her top tumbling down over her chest.


It took me four shots and various settings to realise that the 18-200mm lens wasn't gonna cut it, even with the flash. I'd had it on for my trip to Dubai and hadn't switched it out yet. While trying to placate the little show-off, I hurriedly switched to my 50mm.


That's when I realised how much I missed the wide apertures on the 50mm. It was well worth the placating, the fending off (small fry LOVES to get a close up on what I'm doing and more importantly, wants to try her hand at it) and the fiddling.


First shot off the 50mm was a stunner and a keeper.


Hopefully it'll be posted up soon.


Now I can think of a few lenses I'd like to get my hands on for Christmas, sigh.



2 comments:

CL said...

17-55
24-70

Get (1) first then sell it off to buy (2) when you go FF!!!

Ashkarya said...

Looks like I'll probably have to go that route. I do love the 17-55.... :) dunno if i'll ever go FF. As it is, I don't even practice enough with current one. :(

Blog Widget by LinkWithin