Monday, July 12, 2010

WC Withdrawal Symptoms

It's over and I'm still not over it.

I missed the match during extra time as I needed to get small fry into bed. But rushed out when I heard shouts of "Goal!" waft up from outside the open window and caught Iniesta's goal on replay.

This morning I had to TV on to catch the extra time replay and celebrated with the Spaniards when they hoisted the trophy.

It's now almost 3pm and I'm still scanning the news online for World Cup-related stories.

I can't believe it's all over and I have to wait another four years to feel the excitement and emotion again, this time staged in Brazil.

FOUR YEARS!

Sob. Sob.

The team though, to watch out for in Brazil: Germany.

1 comment:

The Chair Speaks said...

I was more excited about Paul Octopus' amazing predictions than the World Cup itself! LOL!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin