Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Square Peg

On the last day of term a couple of weeks back, small fry's class had an end-of-term party.

When I went to pick her up from playgroup, I found most of the kids decked out in face paint; the boys were mostly animals. There are only three girls in her group; two of them had a rose each painted on one cheek.

And the small fry?

At first, I thought she'd had a major sunburn: her face was all pink! On closer inspection, I thought it looked like a jellyfish, but she doesn't have a jellyfish among her toys. Instead she has a couple of beloved octopi. So I said, "Oh hey! You're a pink octopus!"

"No, Mummy. I'm a jellyfish na!"

Yup, the small fry is a jellyfish among the roses.

2 comments:

Kat said...

She is a real gem, this one! Wonder what she'll be like when she's older? Never one of the crowd for sure. Miss her

The Chair Speaks said...

LOL! Oh, how I wish you had posted her picture here!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin