Wednesday, April 06, 2011

Leaking Everywhere!

As if reading about radiation leaks at Fukushima is not bad enough, my house decides to up the ante on me and go on a leaky rampage itself.

First, the pipes decide to spring a leak. That's been going on for the past month or more and I've only just had the chance to look into that. The plumber came this morning to fix the leak. And it wasn't until last night when he had come to inspect the leak initially that he pointed out the leak was so bad that the wall was seeped through and sure enough, when I moved the wardrobe away from the wall, I discovered that  mold had ran amok and taken over the whole wall. Which certainly explained the sour milk, pukey smell that the room was emanating and that I was attributing to the various clothes hanging in the wardrobe that was serving as a front to the offending leak and mold explosion.

Now that the pipe has been fixed and the water tank thoroughly washed, I discovered another inexplicable leak, this one of an even more serious nature. From the sounds of it anyway. Though it wasn't till the end of the day that I noticed the low pressure from the shower which led me to investigate the mains which in turn led me to notice the water metre gone berserk and the sound of running gushing water emanating from the whereabouts of the water tank.

Oh gawd! What monster has my plumber unleashed?

To make matters worse, the water has been gushing the whole day since noon. And there is no trace of where that water has gushed to. The plumber has been notified and can only come in the afternoon tomorrow. It'll be a day of water rationing and using only when needed as I don't intend to possibly flood the house or worse, the neighbour's house!

To top it all off, I sat down at the end of it all to turn on the TV only to find that the Astro smart card is inactive. Strange, since it pretty active even yesterday. After a bit of fiddling to no avail, I checked the Astro bill. Looks like someone forgot to pay last month's bill. Sigh.

This is not one of my more enjoyable trips home to KL.


2 comments:

Ling said...

Oh dear... sounds bad :-(
Everything fixed now?

Kat said...

Hope all ok now? Take care

Blog Widget by LinkWithin