Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Genesis

Two Sundays ago...

Driving to town for brunch, Phil Collins was belting out Easy Lover over Mix FM. Rizal turns to me and says,

"Is that Phil Collins?"

"Yes it is."

"You sure? I thought his voice wasn't so high?"

"Yes it's Phil Collins."

"Hey, what band was he in before he became Phil Collins?"

"Err..., can't remember."

"Eh, yalah. It's him and his band. I can hear him in the background, it's not him with the high voice, it's the rest of his band."

"Yah orr. But I still can't remember what's his band called."


The issue has been bugging me ever since. Everytime Phil Collins came on, I'd think, "What band was he from?". I kept thinking of Simple Mind, for some inexplicable reason.



Last Sunday...

We were heading for dinner at Purple Cane, going through that roundabout on Jalan Tun Razak from Jalan Pudu, listening to the radio when Phil Collins comes on the airwaves again.

Then it hits me.

"Genesis!" I yell out.

"Hey, that's it! That's the band he's from." Rizal says.

Then silence.

I take a few seconds to think.

"Eh, how did you know what I was referring to?"

"Well, we were talking about it the last time and it was an unresolved issue."

"Hmmm..."


Strange, the things you know without saying out loud when you've been together for donkey's years.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin