Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Bat eyes

I decided to take a little more time today to whisk on a coat of mascara before I headed out to work. Normally that would take about 2 mins max as I wipe on first the primer and then the mascara onto right and left lashes.

Today, I poked the mascara wand into my left eye. And ended up with bat eyes.

I started tearing like crazy and tried wiping off the smudges on my lids with my fingertips. Then I whipped out the tissue to absorb the tears welling up and threatening to flow till kingdom come.

I contemplated bringing out my Ponds cold cream to get rid of the waterproof coating altogether, but on surveying the damage (a few dark brown spots on my upper lid that could be disguised with a little more Bobbi Brown shadow) decided that it would take up too much time. Instead, I swiped on another light coating of the waterproof gunk and proceeded down the stairs and out the door.

My left eye was ticking and there were still some remnant tears but heck it, I'm not going to be late for work because of some stoopid war paint. I hardly dump on the stuff on my lashes, and the day I decide to be a bit more meticulous, I poke my eye. No, and this hasn't happened to me before. I'm not THAT much of a klutz.

Swearing never to waste needless time and agony over mascara again (and of course, to be more careful next time), I say goodbye to the kitties and get in the car.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin