Friday, September 23, 2005

A Hankering

I have a sudden urge to devour erotica. A couple of titles I'd like to go through are Susie Bright's Three Kinds of Asking For It and The Best American Erotica 2005.

I haven't had my fill of tasteful literary smut and now that I'm browsing through Amazon, the other question that comes to mind is, "How do I order these and get them in without censure?" Do the authorities really go through your packages? What would they do if they saw my purchases? Chuck them out? Riffle through them and pass them through since their English is so bad they wouldn't understand the titles anyway?

I don't know and I'm not sure I'd take the risk.

Maybe I should just head over to the causeway and see if they're available. I remember finding a gem or two when I was there a few years back. But then again, the last few times I've gone browsing, I've come away disappointed and empty handed.

I just sent off an email to Kino to see if they'd order these in for me. Since I don't see any erotica on their shelves, I doubt they'll bring it in but hey, I'll never know if I don't ask.

We'll see if I'm lucky. If not, I'll have to trouble a friend in Detroit and suffer the jibes and taunts that will come from me getting the book delivered there. Sigh.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amazon it la.. and think - James... ;)

Ashkarya said...

Hahah!! I checked with Kino on ordering the books, they say can! Yay!!! Hahahahahah!!!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin