Thursday, September 22, 2005

The Tumbling Cat

I was on my T41 last night, plonking on the keypad after dinner with mum. The poor kitties, starved of attention as they are were either around my feet or lounging close by.

I’d been sitting at the dining table for a while, finishing up a piece I was working on when Trixie,
who couldn’t suffer being ignored any longer, attempted to jump up onto the table and plop down closer to me.


Well, note that I said “attempted”. She failed.

She’d not had the foresight to see my Crumpler sitting on the chair next to me. That was the chair she decided to use as a springboard to the top of the table. From the floor at the bottom of the table she tried springing up to the chair then to the top of the table. There wasn’t much of a platform for her to bounce off from as the Crumpler was taking up about 80% of the space of the chair, so the girl lost her footing off the chair, scrabbled at the edge of the table with her front paws and promptly landed on her back on the foot of the teak table.

Ouch! It looked painful.

The poor thing. I felt so bad I stopped what I was doing and scooped up the furry mess under the table and spent the next few minutes cuddling her.

Who says I need kids?

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin