Saturday, September 24, 2005

My Turn

In continuing with what Chin Lai started:

1. I am a bitch.

2. I am whiny.

3. I am stubborn as a mule.

4. I am thick-skinned.

5. I am generous when I want to be.

6. I am direct (sometimes too much for my own good).

7. I am scatter-brained and disorganized.

8. I am a pack rat (just look at my house and you’ll see).

9. I am a such a softy that I can’t bear to see stray cats around and not feed them or think, “if only I could take them in”.

10. I am impatient.

11. I am even more impatient with my family and close friends than I am with people who don’t know me as well.

12. I am trying to be nicer and more thoughtful to my parents.

13. I am at a point where I realize the years are flying by and I have no idea what I’ve been doing for the whole year and that each year is flying by faster than the one before.

14. I am a skeptic.

15. I am quite a resourceful cook but a sloppy one.

16. I am comfortable enough in my own skin and with myself that I wouldn’t mind having meals alone by myself or spending time alone without anyone around.

17. I am restless enough that if I do the above for too many days in a row I go stir crazy and need to get out of the house,

18. I am not the optimistic person that I was when I was in college. Nowadays I’m more jaded and practical.

19. I am glad that I don’t need to watch TV even though I have astro and 8TV. I’m perfectly happy with scribbling and burying myself in my books.

20. I am sometimes so blur that, well…  … … see what I mean?

21. I am my worst enemy.

22. I am paranoid about getting bitten by mossies.

23. I am not an exhibitionist but I like to walk around the house with only my underwear on or with only my t-shirt and panties on (if you can’t do that in your own house, where can you?).

24. I am a kiddy book junkie.

25. I am sure that I can always improve on myself little by little everyday.

26. I am a klutz (have you seen me with utensils?).

27. I am self-centred and selfish (when I’m REALLY bitchy).

28. I am critical but I think I take criticism pretty well.

29. I am easily distracted and have a short attention span.

30. I am afraid that my knees and back will give out on me some day soon and that I will end my life in a wheelchair.

31. I am a starter but I find it hard to finish things.

32. I am loud and boisterous.

33. I am not bothered that my limbs are really short and that when I buy jackets and blazers off the rack, my arms just disappear in all that length of sleeve and that I always have to have my pants altered. What to do?

34. I am convinced that my ears will give out on me and that I may live out my old age in deafness.

35. I am not a reckless driver, I just like to give the impression that I am.

36. I am disappointed that I am not going to Vienna and that that would have been the only worthwhile holiday that would have taken place this year.

37. I am now stuck with the realization that there isn’t going to be much of a holiday or a vacation for me this year.

38. I am quite exhausted from having to lead, motivate and train new people at the office, only to have them leave and then hire more new people and go through that process again.

39. I am baffled as to why some people have such little hold over their own minds and opinions that they are so easily influenced by what other people tell them, and then they go around spouting their new credo as if it were their own.

40. I am sometimes a spud.

41. I am also a spark.

42. I am in love with Japan and all its weirdness.

43. I am an avid reader but so indiscriminate that I often can’t remember what I’ve read, except for my kiddy faves.

44. I am particular about laundry; there is a right and wrong way to iron, and I hate pieces of clothing chucked onto the floor.

45. I am living with a person messier than me and it gets on my nerves so bad but I have to just grit my teeth, bite my tongue and endure it rather than nag. And when I really can’t stand it, I just blow.

46. I am thankful for family and friends and for the people who love and tolerate me.

47. I am not an easy person to live with and the hubby deserves a medal (even though I think he could do more in ensuring the overall hygiene of the house).

48. I am often struck by the realization that I should have been born in a fantasy novel and be living a life where I could yield a sword and go off to battle, and get killed heroically (or not) in the process.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin