Monday, October 10, 2005

Fever

The furballs have fever. And I gave it to them. Well, technically the vet did. We took them for their shots yesterday and it wasn’t till then that I discovered that the vaccine is actually a virus. It causes a fever which in turn helps the furballs build immunity towards the virus. No wonder the furballs are usually quiet and lifeless after their shots.

Meg and the boy went straight to bed after their shots. Slept the few hours straight through. The girl was more lively; she came downstairs in the evening, walked about and stretched her legs. By night however, she was zonked out. Lifeless and sick. I felt all their furry bodies and hers was the warmest. Delayed reaction on her part. By night, the boy was back to his normal self and moving about.

The two brown cows shared Trixie’s furry chair and by this morning, she was still sick. I had to carry her down for breakfast, but she refused to eat. Instead she curled up under the dining chair and squeaked everytime I picked her up.

I hope she gets better later today.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin