Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Deepavali

I caught up with old school friends today. It was a Deepavali gathering.

Asunta, being the CNN of the group usually sends out invites or reminders for this gathering or that get-together. Since I don’t meet up or keep in touch with my school friends, I try to make an effort to meet up with the people who matter at least once a year. I’m proud to say that, similar to last year, I made it to Kajang. Of course, I was fashionably late as usual but better late than never.

I ended up talking shop with Uma who’s working at Bank Negara. I have not met her since we left school! At least with Sharmila, Li Huey, Asunta and Wai Meng, I’ve met at least once a year, but Uma just seems to have disappeared off my radar all this while. And found out that she’ll be heading to Argentina for 3.5 weeks for vacation!

And Sharmila’s getting married next year!

It was a good meet up. Other than homemade Indian food and cookies (I stuffed my face with that square sweet coconut candy), it was good especially to meet up with Asun. It seems decades ago that we were both prefects and that she was my assistant. Actually, the timeline is closer to 15 years ago. Wow! I am catching on in age…

And before everyone left and went their separate ways, I opened my big mouth and invited everyone for Raya over at my house, date yet to be determined. I did cover my ass though. I did say that if Raya open house happens to fall through, there’s always Chinese New Year.



No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin