Sunday, November 06, 2005

Late Bloomer

I am now a Hindie movie junkie. It’s official. I’ve bought four VCDs in two days and watched 2 epic movies in about as many. After watching Mujhse Dosti Karoge!  at Nenek’s in Melaka on Raya Day #2, I’ve suddenly and inexplicably become hooked. I’m a Bollywood junkie.

Argh!

After we got back home, I insisted on heading to Speedy’s to check out their Bollywood selection. I walked away with Kabhi Khushi Kabhie Gham...  not realizing it was a 4-disc movie and wondering why the hell I had to pay RM21.90 for a Hindi movie. I started on Disc 1 late afternoon today. Must have been Shahrukh Khans eyebrows that turned me into a junkie (I first caught glimpse of him in Devdas). Not satisfied with just Kabhi Khushi Kabhie Gham... which I bought last night, I went out and splurged on Veer-Zaara, Paheli and Chokher Bali after watching just that first disc.  
     
So here I am, four discs later, one movie down with a stuffed nose and puffy-eyed from that damn drama of a movie. I am such a sap! I find myself heading to www.imdb.com to check out the movies and noting down even more movies I want to buy and watch. I’ve got four on the list so far. I am even thinking of heading over to the shop tomorrow to see if they have these titles.

The clincher? I haven’t even watched Kuch Kuch Hota Hai! But that is all about to change.

I am in so much trouble. We are talking 3-4 hour epic sagas here, even though these epic sagas are mainly love stories of sorts. This is what happens when one has been deprived of a certain “something” in life for so long. When you find out what you’ve been missing, you just want to consume as much of it as possible to make up for lost time and make up for what you’ve been missing.

If you don’t find me writing for too long a stretch, blame it on Yash Chopra  et al.

It’d be like killing two birds with one stone, watching these movies. Since the general English speaking public doesn’t seem to be fans of Hindi movies, I get to brush up my Bahasa with the Malay subtitles on these movies.

And I get to watch Shah Rukh and his eyebrows in all their glory.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your sister's got Kuch Kuch Hota Hai (Hey?) dun need to buy la.. Bah, another Sharukh Khan movie.. How was raya?

Ashkarya said...

I assume this is Chin Lai? Oh, I didn't know sis has KKHH. See how often I talk to her? What's wrong with Shahrukh Khan? Raya was one BIG food fest. Read about it later...:)

Anonymous said...

Yes, its me.. just trolling on your blog. :p

Blog Widget by LinkWithin