Monday, December 05, 2005

Chiang Mai

It’s official.

After debating, hemming and hawwing, we’ve finally settled on Chiang Mai as our vacation destination.

Did a mad dash on booking the tix. Found out that MAS doesn’t do direct to Chiang Mai but the travel agent kept insisting that there is one daily flight. More ding-donging around and finally we were proved right. The travel agent had heard Chennai instead of Chiang Mai, duh! And I was on the verge of booking the AirAsia tix because the connecting flights from Bangkok to Chiang Mai via Thai Airways was supposed to have been sold out. Luckily my trusty admin person is super efficient and managed to sort it all out for me before I hit the Enter key. Hubby and I were adamant in taking MAS because hubby has enrich points that he could at least use against the KL – Bangkok leg.

Phew! Now that that’s settled, I can look forward to planning for activities in Chiang Mai!!

We’ve already been booked in for the spa package at Ban Sabai Village Spa and Resort. All that’s left now is to plan our activities for the 5 nights we’ll be there.

High on my list are:

  1. Elephants

  2. Shopping

  3. The Old City

  4. The Night Bazaar

  5. Food

  6. If I have time, take a cooking course

It’s starting to look crowded for just 5 nights’ worth in the city.

I did hear that shopping’s better and cheaper in Chiang Mai than in Bangkok though. Woohoooo!! Am gonna go berserk!

I can’t wait. I can’t wait!!



No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin