Monday, December 05, 2005

Cracked

I was behind a Kancil or Kelisa (who can tell the difference? they're both tiny.) at the toll booth today. Most Smartag users tend to go through the lane quite fast, including yours truly. Note the key phrase here: used to. I don't anymore.

Anyway, so this woman in her Kancil/Kelisa drives through the Smartag lane but doesn't slow down. Of course she ends up hitting the bar at the toll. I see the bar swing away from her car so that it now sits away from the lane. And then I notice the Kancil isn't moving and I start to press on the brakes. Then I take a second look.

Stupid woman went so fast that the impact of hitting the bar cracked her windscreen. Women! They're the most gawdawful drivers around, I swear.

So she's still not moving from the lane and I move the gear to reverse, all ready to turn into the next Smartag lane. Thankfully, she figures there's more cars behind her and moves ahead, stopping behind/in front of the toll booth (depending on which way you look at it). As I go through the toll, I notice that the crack on her windscreen is quite huge. It's like a spiderweb that starts in the middle of the screen, spiralling out towards all four corners.

Serves her right for not slowing down at the toll booth, Smartag or not. (I can say this now because I now slow down considerably when going through the Smartag lane.)

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin