Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Dessert, Love?

Hubby suprised me with a Valentine's Day card last night. (I have a business dinner tonight, therefore had told him beforehand that I would not be able to make it for V-Day.)

He couldn't find a card he liked and was too busy at work yesterday, so one of his co-workers offered to find a card for him. So there they were on the phone, his colleague reading out the cards for him in one of the stores at KLCC while he was up in Tower 1 working, this discourse going back and forth till he was satisfied with whatever was in the card.

Well, at least he confessed that someone helped him to buy the card. He made another confession after that.

He had wanted to make me dessert for V-Day (since we wouldn't be able to meet for dinner). He gave up after riffling through my Nigela Lawson's How to Be a Domestic Goddess: Baking and the Art of Comfort Cooking.

"The recipes all looked so complicated!!" was his lament.

And Chin Lai said women are hopeless!



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ohhh Nigela - she's one healthy lady. That aside, I like her recipes, they all seem to have ingredients which are not too hard to source for. The doing part well.. Will have to see first lo.

Oh, and yes, I had wanted to put you down as a woman who cooks, but figured it would be more fun just getting on your nerves instead.. :D

Ashkarya said...

i should shoot you!! better yet, wait for when you're dancing with me then just 'accidentally' step on your feet. hahahaah!!

oh yes, nigella...i bought that book based on the very first recipe i saw: it was a plain but delicious looking butter/pound cake thingy. it was golden and crusted at the right places, yum!! and i kinda like her writing, heheh.

:p

Ai Ling said...

haiyah... u're so light, step on his feet also no impact lar. Should try one of ur kung fu chops on him instead *evil grin*

Freebooterz said...

just for the record, I went down and got it myself after he found and interesting card.. i was just worried I didnt have time to browse! So there..

I think Nigella's recipes on TV are easier to follow than the ones in the book. I dont even know if our shops carry some of the ingredients...

Blog Widget by LinkWithin