Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Pain pain pain

Firstly, I suppose I owe the spouse an apology for dissing him and his pain management skills. So, ok lorr, sorry ah.

But I honestly think men are useless at managing pain. This is gross generalization but most men I know are wusses when it comes to dealing with pain, and this applies to pain of all kinds.

Men seem to think that physical pain is a platform for them to practice their expertise at wailing or moaning. Compared to how women manage pain, men are total babies.

But then again, since I am not the sympathetic, manja type of person, I am also the kind of person who will not see the point in all that moaning and groaning. That’s because I see that my life would be curtailed considerably if I gave in to the physical pains I have to endure. Since they’re already there and I’m trying to fix them, I don’t see the point of making more of it than it is. But then again, even from a very young age, I’ve been exposed to various states of physical pain so it’s become second nature to me to have aches and pains. My threshold for pain must be one of the highest of the people I know. (I challenge anyone to go neck and neck with me on one of those electromagnetic massage machines where they attach either the pads or clamps onto acupuncture needles and they run electricity through them to stimulate the nerves/muscles. I’d beat anyone hands down.)

But then again, I’ve been to so many doctors and chiropractors and have heard of so many fancy sounding aliments that most conditions you throw at me won’t faze me. It’s just another fancy name for a physical condition.

I’m more concerned about getting rid of it and living with it if I have to.

So yeah, I’m a total bitch when it comes to feeling sympathy or empathy for other people’s physical pain. If I can suck it up, I don’t see why other people can’t. After all, it’s only physical.

So bite me.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin