Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Why do they impose those RIDICULOUS speed limits on the highway?

I was cruising leisurely along the KESAS highway at 110km/hr. Actually trying not to go past the speed limit is more like it, since I was running dangerously late for a client appointment.

So there I was “cruising” along in the middle lane and as I was nearing the overhead bridge, I noticed the traffic cop. Yikes. You know where they normally sit under the bridge with the camera pointing at the road? Well he was there. And it wasn’t till I passed him that I realized I could have been speeding at my “leisurely” 110km/hr.

I slowed down (too late!) and then started looking for those speed limit signs. Sure enough, soon I came upon that round sign that said “90km TAMAT”. Shit! And there I was, thinking I was being a pretty good law-abiding citizen, keeping to the speed limit. Who drives at 90km/hr on the blurdy highway??!! I suppose I will be receiving something in the mail pretty soon. Either that or I can go online and check, but who in their right minds would? Not me.

Anyone knows how much it is for a speeding fine?

4 comments:

Ai Ling said...

Umm... 300 bucks?? 100 bucks?? The time when I got caught speeding along the Subang airport road (by radar, not stopped by cops), I think it was 100 bucks. But I've heard from others that it's 300 bucks but can nego to 150. Try ur luck???

Anonymous said...

Its RM300 bucks, but negotioable at the police station lor.

Ashkarya said...

aarrraaaaarrrraaaaarrggghhh!! damn 90km speed limit!! d'you know how slow it is on te highway at 90km?!! #$#%$^%$^%%$!!!

Ai Ling said...

Yes... why do u think i was going 100 on CNY???? :p

Blog Widget by LinkWithin