Thursday, March 23, 2006

You can never get too much of...bags!

I was in the loo when the hubby stealthily left my present for me on the bed last night. It was in a Tiffany blue box but since the box was about a 1’ x 1.5’ x 6” or so in size, I dismissed it as a gift from Tiffany’s right away.

I read the card first. Since he said that he’d got me something that I collect, I guessed right away it was a bag. So I pulled off the ribbon and opened the box. The present inside was wrapped in Naf Naf paper. I tore it away to find … the white bag I had bought myself two weeks ago. I could have sworn the hubby had seen the bag in the Naf Naf paperbag that he carried for me when we were shopping for Aisha’s present. Well, apparently he hadn’t.

I was quite dumbfounded, really. I hollered for hubby. He came bounding up the stairs. And then I told him. Should have seen the shock on his face. “Oh noooo!” he yelled. I just laughed some more. “I didn’t know you bought the bag!! I didn’t see you buy it!” “Well, it’s been sitting in the bag in front of the wardrobe all this while in plain view. Plus, you helped me carry the bag the other day.” “Oh noooo!!”

Hahahah, so I told him that he should be able to exchange the bag with another and helpfully told him that he could exchange it for a different bag which I had thought of getting.

And to think that his first choice for me was a Celine bag that was going for RM4K. He even thought of Coach.

Great man, my hubby.


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

If I remember correctly he also picked out the same bag you bought and brought it to you attention..

You should visit this site:
http://tresormakati.blogspot.com/

Ashkarya said...

hahah, wasn't he there in the store when we were looking at the bag? and then he was carrying the paperbag with my bag in it? so blur lah, he!!

Ai Ling said...

WAAAAA!!!! RM4K for a B-A-G???!!!!! Ur hubby print money ah???? Can print some for me also ah???? :-O

Ashkarya said...

nolah! that was his first choice. he was going to buy it until he asked how much it cost.

Freebooterz said...

hallo i dont print money la.. ok lah I damn blur.. hopefully can change for something else. I may have misplaced the receipt tho. Next time I buy the Coach bag.. heheh.. not too bad wat the price. But better bargains if you buy from another country..

Freebooterz said...

i tell u bags are WAAAAY overpriced. I had no idea the celine bag was 4k plus until i asked the clerk. Had to sheepishly walk off.. sigh

Blog Widget by LinkWithin