Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Parking is a bitch!

It's a bitch trying to blurdy park in certain buildings in KL, especially when you drive a tank like I do. The 7-series is wider than most cars and getting up and down ramps can make me break out in sweats. And if I get into those parking lots with where you have to park on moveable ramps, I'm screwed. 90% of the time, the blurdy car can't fit into the ramp width-wise and lengthwise. These are the buildings I would avoid at all costs:

1. Menara Promet (drive in there and you'll see why, especially when you hit the lower floors)
2. Menara Ambank (Jln Yap Kwan Seng: the only floor I can park on is the fourth floor; every other floor has those ramp things)

Bulidings I would rather not enter:
1. Menara Dion (blurdy cramped and narrow ramps from floor to floor)
2. The new wing of Centrepoint Bandar Utama (more of those moveable ramps; the car can fit, just barely)

I learned the hard way while circling around in the parking lot of the Ambank building on Yap Kwan Seng. I went all the way to the 8th floor before I decided I'd had enough of trying to get onto a ramp or circle around the 4th floor waiting for some idiot to get out. I paid RM2.50 after 20 minutes in there and parked across the road at Bangunan Getah Asli.

Someone should shoot the blurdy architects who design crap parking in buildings.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin